Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Currently

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Stieg Larsson
Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins

Pages This Week: 153
Pages This Semester: 1095

Sentences of the Quarter:

1."People always have secrets. It's just a matter of finding out what they are." The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

2. "Take that away and I'm not really sure who I am, what my identity is." The Hunger Games

3. "Kind people have a way of working their way inside me and rooting there." The Hunger Games
I have chosen these sentences as my sentences of the quarter because I thought it was interesting how they are all stating a piece of information that most readers could relate to. Everyone has secrets, no one knows what their true identity is, and kind people always seem to be a weakness for some. I thought it also was a good strategy used by the authors to do this because it pulls the reader more into the story since they can understand what the characters in the books are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment