Friday, September 9, 2011

Currently

The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Stieg Larsson

Pages Read This Week: 161
Pages Read This Semester: 478

Sentences of the Week

1. "You've got to move more quietly," I say. "Forget about Cato, you're chasing off every rabbit in a ten-mile radius." The Hunger Games

2. Take that away and I'm not really sure who I am, what my identity is. The Hunger Games

3. "This is an enormous improvement over the mud," he says. "Clean clothes and medicine and a sleeping bag...and you." The Hunger Games

So this past week I've been really in to The Hunger Games, which is why all of my posts and sentences of the week are from this book. I mainly chose these sentences because I either thought the were funny, cute, or just something I could relate to. The first sentence I chose obviously because I thought it was humorous. When Katniss and Peeta were walking through the woods Peeta was walking very heavily, as Katniss claims to say, scaring everything away. The second sentence was something I could relate to. Katniss was saying how that if she didn't have to hunt she wouldn't know what her identity is. For me if I didn't dance I think there would be a large part of my identity missing. And as for the third sentence, I chose it because I thought it was cute. When Peeta was getting ready to go to sleep he said this to Katniss, which I found to be a little cheesey, but mostly cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment