Friday, August 26, 2011

Currently

The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins

Pages read this week: 152

Sentences of the Week

1.  "I wonder if she'll enjoy watching me die."

2.  "The more likable he is, the more deadly he is."

3.  "Kind people have a way of working their way inside me and rooting there."

I haven chosen these as my favorite sentences of the week for different reasons. The first quotation stuck out to me just because the speaker is questioning whether someone will enjoy watching her die. I am not too sure of how many people would actually get pleasure out of this so it struck me as being quite odd. The second quote also stuck out to me because like the first one, it is also dealing with death. In this quotation Katniss is realizing that the more friendly Peeta is towards her, the more she begins to realize it is just an act, or so she thinks. As for the third one, I chose it because it is something that I can relate to. People that are kind to me are ones that I want to be surrounded by in my life, so I tend to keep them close.




No comments:

Post a Comment